Initiatives designed for members are developed, led and implemented by CUCCIO and supported through the active participation of volunteers from member universities. Undertaken for the benefit of our member universities, their IT leaders and IT staff these initiatives include such things as:
- CANHEIT: Working in partnership with host universities, CUCCIO oversees the annual CANHEIT conference for Canada’s IT professionals in higher education. As the only conference for IT professionals in higher education, CANHEIT attracts more than 350 participants per year.
- Benchmarking and measurement: CUCCIO has developed a national benchmarking and measurement program to collect and report on data and information related to IT in higher education across Canada. See the Cybersecurity Benchmarking Project
- Leadership Development Program: A bespoke program specifically focused on encouraging and mentoring the next cohort of Canadian Higher Education IT leaders. Join the next cohort of leaders in 2020. See the Leadership Development Program.
- Roundtables and hot-topic discussions: Ample time is reserved at each member meeting for roundtable and hot-topic discussions chosen by members. This provides an opportunity for members to discuss topical issues of common interest. CUCCIO may also arrange for outside experts to join the conversation. CUCCIO members place a great deal of value on this opportunity to discuss, debate and test new ideas – and to learn from one another.
- Facilitated discussions between meetings: CUCCIO’s member portal and listservs are used to connect members between meetings. They provide a connection between member representatives as well as individuals responsible for specific functions within member universities. With the objective of providing participants the ability to discuss issues and learn from their colleagues across the country in a variety of ways, tools such as the listservs and the member portal help to build and sustain the CUCCIO community.